- 14 Jul 2008; Newly aquired information.
World War I Registration Card.
1. Name in full: George Allison Lewis Age: 29
2. House address: 147 West Broad St. Burlington, NJ
3. Date of Birth: September 27, 1887
4. Are you (1) A Natural-born Citizen, (2)A naturlized Citizen, (3)an alien, (4) or have you declared your intention (specify which)?: NATURAL BORN
5. Where Born: Burlington, New Jersey, U.S.A.
6. If not a citizen, of what country are you a citizen or subject? : check mark
7. What is your present trade, occupation, or office?: Railroad Brakeman
8. By whom employed?: Pennsylvania Railroad
Where employed?: Camden, NJ
9. Have you a father, mother, wife, child under 12, or a sister or brother under 12, solely dependent on you for support (specify which?: Wife & three children
10. Married of single (which)?: Married Race (specify which)?: Caucasion
11. What military service have you had? Rank: Private; Branch Infantry, years: 5 yrs, N??? State: National Guard, New Jersey
12. Do you claim excemption from draft (specify grounds)?:
I affirm that I have verified above answers and that they are true.
G. A. Lewis
1. Tall, medium, of short (specify which)?: Tall
Slender, medium, or stout (which)?: Medium
2. Color of eyes? Blue Color of hair? Dk. Brown Bald? Yes
3. Has person lost arm, leg, hand, foot, or both eyes, or is he otherwise disabled (Specify)?: No.
Registrar: C. Stanley Schuyler
City or County: Burlington
State: New Jersey
Date of registration: June 15, 1917
World War II Registration Card
1. Name: George Allinson Lewis
2. Place of Residence: 294 Glenwood Ave. Burlington, Burl. NJ
3. Mailing address: Same
4. Telephone: Blank
5. Age in Years: 54 Date of Birth Sept 27 1887
6. Place of Birth: Burlington State: New Jersey
7. Name and Address of person who will always know your Address: Mary Lewis, Same Address
8. Employer's Name and Address: Florence Thread Company
9. Place of employment or business: Burlington Ave. Riverside, Burl. New Jersey
I affirm that I have veified above answers and that they are true.
George A. Lewis
The correct spelling of his middle name is unknown, but it is strongly believed to be the latter spelling, as his son
also was given the same middle name.
Social Security Death Index Social Security Death Index
Last Residence: Zip 08064
Source Citation: Number: 142-07-3144; Issue State: New Jersey; Issue Date: Before 1951
1910 census, Sheet Number 2A, Dated 16 April, has him living on 216 Conover St, In Burlington, NJ. with his First Wife Mary, (OUR Grandmother), and his parents & sister Violet.
Working as a brakeman for the railroad.
1930 census has him living at 294 Glenwood, in Burlington, New Jersey with his 2 wife Mary, and his son Charles.
1930 census Sheet 9B; 7648. Enumeration District 3-16
Very little information is known of the Innis sisters, Mary & Caroline. Both were born in Pa. The sisters were both nurses. All are interred at St. Mary's Church Yard Cemetery, Burlington, Burlington Co., New Jersey.
Worked in the railroad yard in Camden, New Jersey as a brakeman for awhile.
According to Charles Allinson Lewis, George's occupation was that of a plumber.