What's New (past 30 days)


Date of Last GEDCOM Import: 29 Jan 2014 20:35:30

Photos

 Thumb   Description   Linked to   Last Modified 
White, Jerry D
White, Jerry D
Jerry D White 
  23 Apr 2015
Angel Babies
Angel Babies
An Angel for Babies who passed but have no photo 
  23 Apr 2015
Isabell Dorothy Irvin
Isabell Dorothy Irvin
Isabell Dorothy Irvin 
  23 Apr 2015
Zuck, Alexandria 'Sandra Dee'
Zuck, Alexandria "Sandra Dee"
Sandra Dee born Alexandria Zuck
 
  23 Apr 2015
William Thomas Neal
William Thomas Neal
William Thomas Neal 
  21 Apr 2015
Clara Belle Miller and William Thomas Neal
Clara Belle Miller and William Thomas Neal
Clara Belle Miller and William Thomas Neal 
  21 Apr 2015
Bettie Belle Irvin
Bettie Belle Irvin
Bettie Belle Irvin
1944 Senior Class, Illinois State Normal University 
  19 Apr 2015
Bettie Belle Irvin
Bettie Belle Irvin
Bettie Belle Irvin
1943 Junior Class, Illinois State Normal University 
  19 Apr 2015
Bettie Belle Irvin
Bettie Belle Irvin
Bettie Belle Irvin
1941 Freshman Class, Illinois State Normal University 
  19 Apr 2015
Bettie Belle Irvin
Bettie Belle Irvin
Bettie Belle Irvin
1942 Sophomore Class, Illinois State Normal University 
  19 Apr 2015

Documents

 Thumb   Description   Linked to   Last Modified 
Irvin, Elizabeth Anne Obituary
Irvin, Elizabeth Anne Obituary
Irvin, Elizabeth Anne Obituary 
  23 Apr 2015
Marriage Certificate, Marvin and Isabell Mitchem
Marriage Certificate, Marvin and Isabell Mitchem
Marriage Certificate, Marvin and Isabell Mitchem 
  23 Apr 2015
 U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942 for William Thomas Neal
U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942 for William Thomas Neal
U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942 for William Thomas Neal  
  21 Apr 2015
U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 for William T Neal
U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 for William T Neal
U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 for William T Neal  
  21 Apr 2015
USNS General William O. Darby
USNS General William O. Darby
USNS General William O. Darby underway in the early 1950 
  19 Apr 2015
New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
Name: Margarete Aldrich
Arrival Date: 8 Jun 1955
Birth Date: abt 1927
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Ethnicity/ Nationality: German
Port of Departure: Bremerhaven, Germany
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: General William O Darby 
  19 Apr 2015
Shinn, David Alpha 'Ben'
Shinn, David Alpha "Ben"
David Alpha "Ben" Shinn - Obit 
  16 Apr 2015
Shinn, Jackie James 'Jim'
Shinn, Jackie James "Jim"
Jackie James "Jim" Shinn - Birth Certificate 
  16 Apr 2015
Newspaper Article, Cox Family
Newspaper Article, Cox Family
A Remarkable Family, Newspaper Article, Cox Family 
  15 Apr 2015
Early and Modern Histories of Wolfe County
Early and Modern Histories of Wolfe County
Early and Modern Histories of Wolfe County, Page 106 
  15 Apr 2015

Headstones

 Thumb   Description   Cemetery   Status   Linked to   Last Modified 
In Memory
In Memory
In Loving Memory (for those with no headstone or an unmarked or unknown grave) 
UNKNOWN Unmarked    23 Apr 2015

Burial:
Belleville Cemetery
Belleville
Republic County
Kansas, USA
 
     23 Apr 2015

Burial:
Greenhill Cemetery
Laramie
Albany County
Wyoming, USA
Plot: Row O Lot 48 Space 1HEAD 
     21 Apr 2015

Burial:
Saint Helens Cemetery
Lee County
Kentucky, USA 
     21 Apr 2015

Burial:
Evangelical Protestant Cemetery
Convoy
Van Wert County
Ohio, USA 
     21 Apr 2015

Burial:
Evergreen Memorial Cemetery
Bloomington
McLean County
Illinois, USA 
     19 Apr 2015

Burial:
Port Williams Cemetery
Williams
Lawrence County
Indiana, USA 
     19 Apr 2015

Burial:
Syracuse Cemetery
Syracuse
Morgan County
Missouri, USA
Plot: Orig - North Q19 
     19 Apr 2015

Burial:
Syracuse Cemetery
Syracuse
Morgan County
Missouri, USA
Plot: Orig - North Q19 
     19 Apr 2015

Burial:
Bellview Methodist Church Cemetery
Bellview
Cherokee County
North Carolina, USA
 
     19 Apr 2015

Histories

 Thumb   Description   Linked to   Last Modified 
usairforce.jpg
usairforce.jpg
U.S. Air Force Flag 
  23 Apr 2015
Teacher
Teacher
Job Title or Occupation: Teacher 
  19 Apr 2015
Korean War
Korean War
The Korean War (25 June 1950 – 27 July 1953) was a war between the Republic of Korea (South Korea), supported by the United Nations, and the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea), at one time supported by China and the Soviet Union 
  16 Apr 2015
usnavy.jpg
usnavy.jpg
U.S. Navy Flag 
  16 Apr 2015
usarmy.jpg
usarmy.jpg
U.S. Army Flag 
  14 Apr 2015
ww2warbadge.jpg
ww2warbadge.jpg
Badge for Person whom Served in WWII 
  14 Apr 2015
England Flag
England Flag
Signifies Person was born in England 
  13 Apr 2015
Falkland Palace
Falkland Palace
Falkland Palace in Fife started life as a hunting lodge in the 12th century then became a MacDuff family castle. The Crown acquired the Palace from the MacDuffs in the 14th century. David Stewart, the Duke of Rothesay, died there of neglect and starvation whilst imprisoned in the 15th century.

Between 1501 and 1541 James IV and James V transformed the castle into the splendid Renaissance palace it would become, including the Real Tennis Court built in 1539.

Much of the work at Falkland was conducted by French architects and craftsman - James even wrote to Marie de Guise's mother asking her to send French masons to Scotland to work on his palaces. The French mason Nicholas Roy, who worked on Falkland Palace for 21 shillings a week, later became the King’s Master Mason.

Falkland Palace became a favourite retreat of James V. He would die at Falkland in 1542.

Cromwell’s invading army burned the palace, which then fell into ruin. Falkland Palace was rescued in 1887 when John Crichton-Stuart, 3rd Marquess of Bute, started its restoration. The Crichton-Stuarts still own the Palace, which is managed by the National Trust for Scotland. 
  13 Apr 2015
Linlithgow Palace
Linlithgow Palace
Linlithgow lies roughly midway between Edinburgh and Stirling. The ruins of the palace stand beside St Michael's parish church (right) on a natural hillock, which overlooks the town to the south and extends as a promontory into Linlithgow loch on the north (below). A royal manor house probably existed on this site from the mid-twelfth century, when Kind David I founded the burgh. Linlithgow's position made it an ideal site for a military base, and in 1302 the English king set about transforming it into a secure stronghold built mostly of earth and wood. The promontory was cut off from the town by a deep ditch, behind which was erected a "pele" or stockade, made of split tree trunks. After the battle of Bannockburn in 1314, the castle returned to Scottish hands. Nothing remains today of the early manor house except the name, the "Peel" which today applies to the whole of the Royal Park surrounding the palace.
In 1424, a disastrous fire destroyed most of the town of Linlithgow as well as the parish church and the royal manor house. King James I (below right), who had only recently returned from exile in England, set in train almost at once a programme of building work, which, little more than a century later, came to completion in the royal palace much as we see it today. Work was concentrated on what is now the east range, including the great hall, and the adjacent parts of the north and south ranges. The palace would thus have had a C-shaped plan, probably open on the west. The grandiose gateway (below left) in the centre of the palace's east wall still survives, though the ramp and drawbridge before it have long since gone. The principal room of the new palace was the great hall. This ranks as one of the finest medieval interiors in Scotland, though in its present form it dates largely from the reign of James IV.
Some further repairs and alterations were made under the reigns of James II and James III between 1437 and 1488 but it was not until James IV (Mary's grand-father) came to the throne that any significant changes occurred. The most significant element in the new work was the completion of the new west range, closing off what had formerly been the open side of James I's palace. This new range contained suites of royal apartments for the king and queen. The great hall was remodelled, the kitchens, brew house, larders and pantry renovated and works were also carried out to the north range. The south-east corner was completely rebuilt above ground-floor level. Immediately west of this, a new chapel was constructed where at first-floor level where some of the royal apartments had probably been before. A three-tiered enclosed gallery was built on the north side of the south range overlooking the central court (below), to link the great hall with the new west range. The peculiarly English style of this façade is perhaps the result of English masons working on the palace, following the king's marriage in 1503 to Margaret Tudor, the daughter of King Henry VII of England. On 9 September 1513, the peace with England having foundered, James IV faced the Earl of Surrey's army on Flodden Field, where he fell along with many of the Scottish nobility. Queen Margaret is reputed to have waited vainly for his return from the battle in the draughty look-out post above the north-west turnpike stair, known today as "Queen Margaret's bower". In 1514 she married Archibald Douglas, sixth earl of Angus, and fled Scotland with him.
Margaret had given birth to a son on 10 April 1512 who succeeded his father as James V (Mary's father). Work began again in 1534. The main entrance to the palace, inconveniently situated on the east side, was moved to the south, and an outer gateway was built south of it, giving access to the outer enclosure from the town. The proportions of the south front were also improved by straightening out the south wall and enlarging the south-west tower to balance the one on the south-east. In the chapel a new wooden ceiling and canopied altarpiece were inserted, the interior was painted and the windows re-glazed with painted images. The great hall was refurnished and given new windows; alterations were made to the kitchens and the external sculptures were painted. The fountain in the centre of the court (above) was built around 1538; and in 1540 there is reference to a catchpull, or tennis court, similar to the one still surviving at Falkland Palace. Mary of Guise-Lorraine (Mary's mother) whom he married in 1537, is reported to have compared Linlithgow Palace to the noblest châteaux in France.
After the death of James V and the birth of Mary Queen of Scots, various small expenditures were made on the palace during the regency of Mary of Guise. The palace and its surrounding park and garden appear to have been kept in reasonable repair during the years of Mary's brief personal rule when she occasionally resided there. Various important prisoners were warded in the palace at this time, including, in 1579, the insane third earl of Arran and his mother. However, by the time Mary's son, James VI was old enough to assume control of the government in 1585, the years of neglect at Linlithgow were beginning to seriously affect the stability of the palace. It was to be another 11 years before the king's officers began to repair the damage. The north range (above left) was finally rebuilt and represents, even in its present ruined state, one of the finest Renaissance façades in Scotland. In 1603, on the death of Queen Elizabeth I of England, the court moved to London. The new palace buildings at Linlithgow, built after the Union of the Crowns of Scotland and England, were evidently intended to provide fitting accommodation for the enlarged court that would have accompanied the king when he returned to visit his native land. However, James did not visit Linlithgow when he returned to Scotland in 1617. When his son Charles I took over in 1625, several repairs were carried out in preparation for his visit. Following his execution in 1649, the Scots proclaimed his son as Charles II, and Oliver Cromwell invaded the country. He defeated the Scots army at Dunbar in September 1650 and spent the winter at Linlithgow. Charles II was restored and ordered in January 1663 to have the English defenses levelled. His brother, James VII was removed from the throne during the "Glorious Revolution" in 1688-89. In 1745, Prince Charles Edward Stuart, the Young Pretender (Bonnie Prince Charlie) above right), was the last of that house to stay in the building. In January 1746 troops of the duke of Cumberland's army marched out of the palace leaving fires burning which soon caught hold of the building and burnt it out.

Since 1746, the palace has remained unroofed and uninhabited. In 1906 the fireplace in the great hall was restored and a programme of clearance and consolidation was carried through over the next three decades. Today the palace is cared for and on behalf of the Secretary of State for Scotland by Historic Buildings and Monuments. The peel is administered as one of the Royal Parks, and for this reason, like the park of Holyroodhouse, it has its own police force. 
  13 Apr 2015
Crown of James V of Scotland
Crown of James V of Scotland
Crown of James V of Scotland 
  13 Apr 2015

Books

 Thumb   Description   Linked to   Last Modified 
Shinn Amazon
Shinn Amazon

 
  23 Apr 2015
Descendants of Joseph Loomis in America : and his antecedents in the old world
Descendants of Joseph Loomis in America : and his antecedents in the old world


 
  12 Apr 2015
Family of Loomis, Smith Francis M.
Family of Loomis, Smith Francis M.
 
  12 Apr 2015
The Descendants, by the Female Branches of Joseph Loomis Who Came from Braintree, England in 1638, and Settled in Winsor, Connecticut, in 1639
The Descendants, by the Female Branches of Joseph Loomis Who Came from Braintree, England in 1638, and Settled in Winsor, Connecticut, in 1639


 
  12 Apr 2015
Aaron Amazon
Aaron Amazon

 
  12 Apr 2015
A history and record of the Protestant Episcopal church in the diocese of West Virginia
A history and record of the Protestant Episcopal church in the diocese of West Virginia

 
  12 Apr 2015

Census

 Thumb   Description   Linked to   Last Modified 
1940 U.S. Federal Census
1940 U.S. Federal Census
Source Citation

Year: 1940; Census Place: Quinnimont, Fayette, West Virginia; Roll: T627_4402; Page: 23A; Enumeration District: 10-44
 
  23 Apr 2015
1940 U.S. Federal Census
1940 U.S. Federal Census
Source Citation

Year: 1940; Census Place: Lawrenceville, Lawrence, Illinois; Roll: T627_835; Page: 7B; Enumeration District: 51-14
 
  21 Apr 2015
1930 U.S. Federal Census
1930 U.S. Federal Census
Source Citation

Year: 1930; Census Place: Lawrenceville, Lawrence, Illinois; Roll: 532; Page: 2A; Enumeration District: 0012; Image: 781.0; FHL microfilm: 2340267
 
  21 Apr 2015
1920 U.S. Federal Census
1920 U.S. Federal Census
Source Citation

Year: 1920; Census Place: Jasper, Wayne, Illinois; Roll: T625_413; Page: 5B; Enumeration District: 157; Image: 320
 
  21 Apr 2015
1900 U.S. Federal Census
1900 U.S. Federal Census
Source Citation

Year: 1900; Census Place: Leech, Wayne, Illinois; Roll: 350; Page: 5B; Enumeration District: 0103; FHL microfilm: 1240351
 
  21 Apr 2015
1940 U.S. Federal Census
1940 U.S. Federal Census
Source Citation

Year: 1940; Census Place: Union, Mason, West Virginia; Roll: T627_4427; Page: 2A; Enumeration District: 27-22
 
  19 Apr 2015
1930 U.S. Federal Census
1930 U.S. Federal Census
Source Citation

Year: 1930; Census Place: Cologne, Mason, West Virginia; Roll: 2541; Page: 2B; Enumeration District: 0006; Image: 399.0; FHL microfilm: 2342275
 
  19 Apr 2015
1940 U.S. Federal Census
1940 U.S. Federal Census
Source Citation

Year: 1940; Census Place: Barada, Richardson, Nebraska; Roll: T627_2262; Page: 5B; Enumeration District: 74-3B
 
  19 Apr 2015
1930 U.S. Federal Census
1930 U.S. Federal Census
Source Citation

Year: 1930; Census Place: Pottawatomie, Pottawatomie, Kansas; Roll: 715; Page: 1B; Enumeration District: 0021; Image: 717.0; FHL microfilm: 2340450
 
  19 Apr 2015
1940 U.S. Federal Census
1940 U.S. Federal Census
Source Citation

Year: 1940; Census Place: Richland, Morgan, Missouri; Roll: T627_2131; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 71-13
 
  19 Apr 2015


Individuals

 ID   Last Name, Given Name(s)   Born/Christened   Tree   Last Modified 
I119293 
Doornbos 
   MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
I119265 
Powell 
   MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
I118693 
Powell, Lawrence Dale 
b. 19 Feb 1961  California  MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
I36454 
Ann Marie (Mrs Reed) 
b. (LIVING)   MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
I14117 
Alrich, Steven Arbaces "Steve" 
b. 22 Jun 1869   MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
I14118 
Gregory, Clara Matilda 
b. 20 Jun 1867   MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
I111112 
Aldrich, Andrew Jackson 
b. 21 Sep 1905   MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
I111114 
Ballard, Amy Alice 
b. 25 Oct 1910   MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
I111186 
Aldrich, Anna Lane 
b. (LIVING)   MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
I111180 
Aldrich, Lee Roy 
b. (LIVING)   MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015

Families

 ID   Father ID   Father's Name   Mother ID   Married   Tree   Last Modified 
 F47222  I119265  Powell  I119293    MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
 F29295  I14117  Steven Arbaces "Steve" Alrich  I14118    MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
 F1659  I3734  Noah Aldrich  I3733  20 Feb 1743  MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
 F44044  I124219  Nathan Aldrich  I146331  12 Dec 1824  MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
 F43481  I146131  Luke D Aldrich  I121671  8 Mar 1865  MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
 F40818  I151919  John B Aldrich  I119005    MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
 F1311  I2707  John Aldrich  I2708  20 Mar 1696  MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
 F37664  I131458  James Sheldon Aldrich  I142475  1868  MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
 F37505  I105883  Andrew J Aldrich  I119002  30 Sep 1864  MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015
 F15191  I37543  Robert Alcorn  I103167  1797  MRP Tree 24 Apr 2015